It is possible to place extensive forms on the website, which allows so much more than just contacting. The web form is a page type that you completely build by dragging fields in the desired order.
To use the Webforms page type, you must first install the Webform Paddlet.
- Go to the Paddle Store via the back end of your website
- Then click on "Install"
After the installation you can create a web form
- Go to Contents> Submit Content
- In the left-hand column, select "Web forms"
- Give the form a title
- Here too, you can add "Page content and options" and "Page regions"
- Go to the drop down web form
- Click "Build" to create a form
- Create your form by positioning the fields via drag and drop
- Each field you choose must be configured separately after dragging it to the desired location. Click the pen icon at the top right of the field. Here you apply the title of the field, using the "Properties", "Show", "Options," and "Validation" tabs, you will discover many options by type of field. You may require a field, then the visitor is required to complete this if he wishes to submit the form. You can do this in the Validation tab.
- In the File field you can choose "Upload destination". When you choose public files, the uploaded files are placed in a public folder on the server. When you choose "Shielded files," they will be placed in a private folder. For security reasons, it is therefore advisable to select shielded files
- Under conditions, you may or may not display other components based on a certain value. Click on "Add New Condition"
- Via the 'Set' button in the menu you can configure the many options. Here you determine, among other things, whether the web form is open or closed, the maximum number of entries (total and per person) and you write the confirmation message
- Via "Emails" you can send an email to eg the user who filled out the form.
- First of all, you must enter an email address. At address you fill in an address where you want to send the submission. This usually refers to an internal email address. This will inform you that there is an entry. If you want to send a confirmation email to the end robber, check your component value and select from the dropdown the name of the field that contains the email address on the form.
- Then click on "+ Add"
- If you made a mistake in the first step, you can still customize it at the top.
- Then you can customize the details of your mail: subject, email sender and sender name
- By email template you create the content
- We have already filled in the most common tokens (variables that are automatically filled in when sending the mail). If you want any other, click on "Browse available tokens" Please note that when you send an email to the end user, you have to send the token "Remove this message on the website: [submission: url]". This is a direct URL for the site administrators to view the submission.
- When submitting web forms, you can view the results through "Submissions." These results can be downloaded to a file via "Download"
- By generating PDF, you can convert the submissions to a PDF and send in the confirmation email or to a set email address configured under "emails"
- Under General Settings, set the paper size, print mode, and possibly background image of ed PDF
- Email settings: The e-mail addresses set by "Emails" appear here. Click "Add PDF as an attachment to email sent to recipients of the form." The PDF will now be sent to all addresses. If you do not want this for certain addresses, check it under "Do not add PDF"
- PDF header: Set a header as you can do for example in a word file. Click available tokens to use content from the web form
- Content of the PDF file: Place some additional explanations that will be included in the PDF. Also here is the option "Browse available tokens". The most commonly used is the one under "Submission" and then [submission: values :?]. You can omit the question mark, which puts all the information of the web form into it, or enter the formkey at the question mark. You will find this in the formulation of the web form. Example: [submission:values:firstname].
- Tip: Once you've already done this with the confirmation email email template, just copy those keys
PDF footer: Set a footer
As a site administrator you can also set permissions for the web forms.
Go to the paddle store and press setup